February 14, 2011

Gaga for this Photoshoot!

Heyyy! Sorry I haven't posted yet this month...so bad! I have been EXTREMELY bogged down with classes, meetings, events, and photoshoots, it's not even funny!

That said, I thought you all would appreciate one of my favorite projects ever that I shot with a very talented photographer, Alaina Prisbrey (follow her AMAZING blog NOW!!!), and my dear friend Jess who modeled for us. Alaina is sooo precise and has such a great eye, I really do admire how gifted she is!

My assignment was to recreate a photo styled by a famous stylist. Since MOST stylists style celebrities and models, it's kind of difficult recreating a picture unless you know someone who looks like, well, a celebrity or an already-famous model. That's where Jess came in.

Since Jess has (reluctantly!) had to hear time and time again that she resembles Lady Gaga, I thought that would be a fun, creative, and challenging celeb to recreate. Gaga's stylist, Nicola Formichetti, has basically done all of her styling since she first came on the scene. I was limited to picking something simple enough to redo (I mean, come on, her outfits are as far from typical as they come!), yet powerful enough to get a strong reaction out of people.

Well, you tell me...did we do amazing?
ORIGINAL:


OUR RECREATION:

Model: Jessica Birrittella
Photographer: Alaina Prisbrey
Stylist/MUA: Me


0 comments: