June 6, 2011

Sally Hansen & N.Y.C. Nailpolish Dupes

As I have been swatching away for Swatch Party and scooping up drugstore beauty steals, I came across a surprising conclusion: I basically bought the same nailpolish twice.

Well, not exactly the same nailpolish, but literally the colors are so identical, I would think they were created in the same lab!

Below are photos of my new .49 cent nailpolish, N.Y.C. In a New York Minute Nailpolish in Greenwich Village along with an older friend, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Fuchsia Power. They are literally the exact same shade of fuchsia pink!



Here are my natural light swatches of both polishes. Please excuse my messy application and embarrassing cuticles, but I have had very little "me" time lately with all of this portfolio work for school!


What I also find very interesting is that both nailpolishes are of the "quick dry" variety. The only real difference I find is that the Sally Hansen polish is a bit thicker, but both dry evenly, within about two minutes, and to the same semi-matte finish. You can get full opacity with two coats of either polish.

Another interesting fact is that both polishes retail for $1.99 (at my local CVS anyway). However, since CVS is having their semi-annual clearance event, you can score N.Y.C.'s Greenwich Village for just .49 cents!

If you are interested in this shade of bright fuchsia pink, I would try to hunt down Greenwich Village before everyone else gets it first! For two quarters, ho can you go wrong?!


0 comments: